*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904836-MATRI-GURU-NAMAMAHAM
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#904836 added February 17, 2017 at 12:33am
Restrictions: None
MATRI GURU NAMAMAHAM
Directly or indirectly Anandamayi Ma works on those who have entrusted their lives to Her guidance to rid themselves of imperfections. Vijayananda ( Dr. Weintrob ) relates that he had shown undue concern about finding seating accommodation for himself during their frequent travels-----------anyone knowing how overcrowded Indian trains are will sympathise with his weakness.
Craving for material comforts, however, is an obstacle to spiritual advancement. Once Vijayananda had just figured out exactly how could he could obtain obtain for himself a desirable seat and had taken up an advantageous position on the station platform. His shrewd calculation was unfortunately upset by Anandamayi Ma.
When the train pulled into the station, She asked him to take care of a big assortment of baggage and to see to it that it be safely put on the train. It was a drastic lesson in overcoming selfishness. Apparently he learnt that lesson quickly, for, as a " reward ", Anandamayi Ma saw to it that he did get a suitable seat.
Vijayananda also tell us that the ' Bliss-permeated Mother can be most persistent in pointing out over and over again specific shortcomings of Her devotees, such as loss of temper, quarrelsomeness, or tendency to gossip, right in front of other devotees. Vijayananda relates that he had used intemperate language towards one of the Ashram inmates in Ma's presence. He almost immediately regretted his loss of self-control and asked Her forgiveness in private, hoping that this obviously minor matter would thereby be laid at rest.
However, Anandamayi Ma questioned all those concerned in the incident in a most elaborate manner, dwelling on it for what seemed an undue amount of time. Later Vijayananda came to understand that it was Her method to eradicate thoroughly whatever shortcoming may prove a hindrance in one's spiritual progress. By paying exceptional attention to his minor failing and examining it in detail, She made him aware of the underlying cause for his flare-up, some pent-up emotion. Before long he was able to overcome this imperfection.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904836-MATRI-GURU-NAMAMAHAM