*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904888
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #2110197
A chain of vignettes.
#904888 added April 23, 2021 at 1:22am
Restrictions: None
F-18 Words-525
the backside of his neck. His classmates told me that he had fallen off the tree branch on his back during the lunch break and fainted for a few minutes. Form next day on, he had this problem of lack of balance,” I replied.

“OK. Thank you for the information, Jim. Now, let’s see. Johnathan, will you please lie down on this table, so I can look at your neck and spine,” she led Steve to the long table. He climbed on to the table and stretched his legs.
“Now, just turn back and lie down with face down.” She helped him turn himself face down.

Before that, I helped my nephew take off his shirt as she advised, so she could have a closer look at his neck, back and spinal cord. It was an interesting sight for me. It looked as though it would take more time for Ashley to complete the examination for Steve. As she started feeling his spine with her finger tips, I took time to ring up my boss at the “Future Solutions” and took the day off. I knew I had to work double time to make up for the leave of absence. It didn’t bother me. I was more than game for it. Nothing like helping Steve, when it came in the form of Ashley.

After the phone call, I went back. I saw Ashley going up and down on Johnathan’s spine with her finger tips and noting down the observations. She felt the neck as well.

“You can come down now,” she smiled encouragingly at the boy. He appeared absolutely free from tensions or fear. He made himself comfortable sitting on the chair facing her.

Ashley said, “as I suspected he has cervical spondilitis. Some of his discs in the spine are depressed. He needs physiotherapy immediately. I cannot assure you of recovery immediately. But over the next few months, it might happen. I know he is too young to have got it. But certain things happen over few years when the right cure or preventive measures are not taken at the right time.”

I said immediately, “yes, Ashley. We will follow the steps you suggest. We are grateful that finally some light appeared for Steve to get out of his physical shortcoming.” I looked with gratitude.

“This also could be the cause for his slow responses to people, especially, with regard to communication skills,” she added on a serious note. “There is absolutely no need for medicines. With the help of physiotherapy and with a bit of counseling, he may become normal, like you and me,” she added much to my joy.

What an incredible thing to have happened to Johnathan! I thought. I recalled his spirit and activeness as a child and a young boy and felt happy beyond limits when I imagined him fully recovered after a while thanks to Ashley.

“OK, Jim, let’s start the physiotherapy right away. I can arrange to come home for the treatment for an hour every day,” she offered.
I was simply thrilled at her generosity. At the same time I didn’t want her to lose practice
© Copyright 2021 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904888