*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904974-Sunday-Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#904974 added February 19, 2017 at 12:27pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday Again
Jamál (Beauty), 13 Mulk (Dominion), 173 BE - Sunday, February 19, 2017 CE

"Rid thou thyself of all attachments to aught except God,
enrich thyself in God by dispensing with all else besides Him."
The Báb

Sunday Again

It's Sunday again. It's the beginning of a new week with new opportunities. New opportunities usually means stress; however, this week I'll attempt to take a different approach to both the opportunities and the stress. When I check my Cox.net inbox, I found the above scripture. Reading it made me realize that stress comes with attachment as well as opportunities. The things I've been stressed about lately are things I either can't do anything about at the moment or that I've did all I can to take care of the situation without seeing any results. That being the case, I'm going to place the results in God's hands and get on with my weekend.


It's Sunday again
time to meditate and plan
an exciting week.

I don't know how exciting this week will be. On Monday I have a funeral to attend. An old friend died a couple of weeks ago and the viewing was last Sunday. I didn't go to the viewing because I don't deal well with viewings anymore. I hope it's a closed casket funeral, but if it's not I'll deal with it. I'm not a fan of open casket funerals because I've found you remember people the way you last saw them. I prefer not to remember my friends and family lying in a casket because the look like they are sleeping. I realize their souls have departed their bodies and that the atoms of their bodies will eventually return to the earth. Maybe I should use that theme in a story or poem.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904974-Sunday-Again