*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905539-Free-As-A-Bird
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#905539 added February 26, 2017 at 8:00pm
Restrictions: None
Free As A Bird
PROMPT: You can have the most dominant trait of any animal of your choice for 48 hours. What is it and what do you do with it to make the most of it?
         Any animal trait...? Well, when my children were younger, and often plotting mischief, the ability to crane my head right around effortlessly, and to see distances, and to have perfect night vision would be fantastic. They soon lost their gullibility, and guffawed at my assertion that I had eyes in the back of my head. They also checked, so they then knew I couldn't possibly see everything they did behind my back. Most animals have a keen sense of hearing, and that would've been a handy skill for a weary mother to possess, too. Ah, the power to really mean it when I said, "I see you," and "I hear you."
          The ability to soar and swoop in the endless sky like a bird has its appeal. I could then understand, and appreciate that expression " from a bird's eye view." Freedom to float almost effortlessly with a breeze would feel so liberating. I could flit, and glide vast distances. I'd travel and explore. From safe vantage points, I could study people, unhurried, and unnoticed. Yes, I'd like to fly "free as a bird."

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905539-Free-As-A-Bird