*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905614-Starkers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#905614 added February 27, 2017 at 8:51pm
Restrictions: None
Starkers??
PROMPT: Imagine that you do not need for money.. for anything. Not that you're rich and money is no object, but you are the only person in the world who does not need to pay for food, clothes, expenses, or anything else. But... the only stipulation is that you always have to be naked, wherever you go... work, school, grocery store, wherever. Your life is normal except for not needing money, but always being naked. What do you think.. would you do it, and why (or why not)?
         Whoa, hold on here! Where does my money come from? What is its source? I am suspicious. It seems to me that I'm being paid to shuck/shun clothing. Does money grow on trees, only my trees? And by the way, if I was coerced/lured/whatever into constantly being naked, why would I have the expense of clothing covered? Am I not supposed to be continually uncovered in order to qualify? Clothing wouldn't be needed or optional. Hmm, I think I need a why... Why me, and why this one-person nudity? To what (bare) end? Is there a reason? Is there an end game? Is there a goal?
         Justifications aside, what are the positives, the benefits of baring all? I suppose I'd never be bothered, or bogged down with wardrobe choices. Jeans, or a skirt? Socks, or hose? T-shirt, or blouse? What colour was my aura, or my mood? Inconsequential, insignificant. I'd miss certain colours though if I was to strut starkers. My natural skin tone is not blue, green or purple. Wait, I forgot my bruises and scars, okay, they are rainbow hued. Oh, and if I was appearing sans footwear that would alleviate choices, too. Oh, and nothing to zip, button, buckle, snap, or tie. I could conceivably escape the confines of my house in a more timely fashion if I didn't have to bother with any dressing at all.
         Oh hey, sizing would be a moot memory. Who cares what size my clothes once were? There'd be no shimmying, squeezing, or holding my breath.
         Ah, yippee, I'd be spared slaving over laundry! No clothes equals no dirty clothes. There'd be no mending either, or storage. My closets would no longer bulge at the seams.
         All right... the positives are counter-balanced by negatives.... First of all, the climate where I choose to reside is unpredictable. For at least six months of the year, the weather tends to be chilly, snowy, and icy. I'd most likely have to sprint when outdoors to work up a sweat, and create body heat, but it does tend to be slippery as well. And then when the fear of frostbite abates, the threat of sunburn, and sun stroke arrives. Rain isn't a problem, I'm basically drip and dry. Oh, and with this variable weather, the terrain changes. The tootsies wouldn't take kindly to snow, slush, ice, pebbles, rocks, twigs, sizzling asphalt, and more.
         Um, most if not all business establishments frown on public nudity. They state their aversion with signs that warn: no shirt, no shoes, no service. So, if they object to bare feet, I'm guessing they oppose bare butts. I'm fairly certain that restaurants would not permit me to try self-serve either. The typical napkin doesn't protect much from spills...
         For travelling abroad, I'd obviously have no need for a strip search, and I'd never be accused of smuggling, but where would I carry my passport? I'd really miss pockets. They are so handy. Where would I stash some mad money, or foreign currency? I'd be forced to stow all my what-if essentials in an enormous bag, and tote it around. Sigh, More than likely I'd develop a hunch in my back.
          Laws enacted and enforced in certain locales would restrict my roaming at large. In Petrolia, Ontario Canada my buck-toothed nakedness could conceivably evoke raucous noise, and that is strictly prohibited there. No hooting, and or whistling is permitted. I would be banned from skinny-dipping in Bancroft, Ontario Canada, and doesn't that translate to no nude swimming?
         I wonder if tattoos would be categorized as clothing? I believe they should be show-cased and admired. If I was to be bare faced and bare-assed all the time, I might fancy a tattoo, or two. I could be a living, breathing artist's canvas...
         Anyway.... nah, nope, I believe I'll pass on this opportunity. I'll find other ways to shock the public. This girl still needs her secrets. I'm happy with the skin I'm in, and the clothing that protects it. Clothes make a statement, and what kind of a message would constant nudity make?


© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905614-Starkers