*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905743-Settlements-on-other-planets
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#905743 added March 1, 2017 at 9:03am
Restrictions: None
Settlements on other planets
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
War Chest Wednesday! Is trying to colonize other planets for human settlement a good or bad idea and why? If it's good, what steps would you see having to take to go into something so big? If bad, what should we do with space programs besides replacing satellites every few years?

What an interesting question to begin the month of March! But I feel a little ambivalent about it.

There are two sides to this question: First I think it’s inevitable we spent money, energy, manpower and research into space programs. It touches the very question of our being in this universe as humans and perhaps it gives us an opportunity for a future in the long run as a species. Therefore I am in favor of colonizing other planets for human settlement.

But I also think it’s sprung out of bad behavior of us humans, we don’t take very good care of the planet we have, Earth. I think we are speeding towards the extinction of the earth because of the bad way we deal with other species and the environment (and with each other). I think in the end we don’t make it and the earth will be destroyed or unfit to live on because of our own doing.

Perhaps trying again on other planets with the knowledge we have will become the only answer for us, humans to survive. With the risk of screwing up those other planets as well. *Sad*


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905743-Settlements-on-other-planets