*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905811-Failing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#905811 added March 2, 2017 at 5:50am
Restrictions: None
Failing
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Tell us about a time that you failed hilariously at something.

I take my failing at anything rather seriously, so the word ‘hilariously’ is never an option. It’s been never quite that amusing, to be honest. I suppose it has something to do with me not being the merriest of persons. And I’ve failed at a lot of things over the years.

But I can remember me failing time and again for my driver’s license. All those times I passed the theory exam but failed at the practice exam until I finally got the hang of it and got my driver’s license.

I was twenty-one at the time and not amused about myself not passing. Three times my then-boyfriend was there with a bunch of flowers to celebrate and every time I had to tell him I hadn’t passed. I felt like a loser, hell, I was a loser. But I was so nervous every time that one time I didn’t remember the difference between left and right and took the wrong turn. The next time my teacher was in the back seat signaling and trying to help but desperately failed in doing so, making me more nervous with two people looking over my shoulder, and the final time I made a mistake in traffic. But the fourth time I passed and I loved driving a car after that.

Because at present I don’t own a car I miss driving. It gave me freedom of movement and it meant the world to me to just sit in my own car and drive off to whatever destination. Maybe in the future I will buy myself a car again. For now I use my driver’s license as an ID and I travel by public transport. *Smile*


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905811-Failing