*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905788-A-Shocking-Experience
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#905788 added March 2, 2017 at 12:18am
Restrictions: None
A Shocking Experience
"A Shocking Experience

Group signature.

Just what it says

My Blog signature

Just what it says

The 30 DBC prompt for March 2, 2017 is "Tell us about a time that you failed hilariously at something. "

It's funny because I was just telling my girlfriend about this tonight. I remember (faintly) a time when I was still drinking and drugging. It was storming outside and I was standing out in the yard cursing God an}d actually hoping to die. Well God had different ideas but on the other hand He also has a tremendous sense of humor. With each flash of lightning I would scream something like "Come on you pussy. Is that all you have? You can do better than that. I've seen more juice out of an apple!"

I carried on like that for about ten minutes when all of sudden I felt like somebody had hit me dead center of my chest with a wrecking ball. I flew about 20 feet from the yard, into my house, against the ceiling and the wall, and wilted down the wall like a weed. My wife, laughing worth everything in her, looked at me and said "I guess that showed you didn't it?

The odd part of it was that even though I had just been struck with lightning I wasn't hurt at all with the exception of my pride. Of course I became ionized so that I am a walking lightning rod. I was struck again a few years later, this time behaving myself due to the respect I had learned for storms. The second time it came through a window and got me after hitting our transformer. Needless to say I have a very healthy fear of storms today!

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905788-A-Shocking-Experience