*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905891-An-expensive-mistake
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#905891 added March 3, 2017 at 3:29am
Restrictions: None
An expensive mistake
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1903, Barney Gilmore of St. Louis, Missouri was arrested for spitting. What's one of the dumbest things you've ever gotten in trouble for?

As a dog owner I know that I have to clean up after my dog’s poop. I always have plastic bags with me. But I sometimes ignore that because I am lazy. And sometimes I don’t pay enough attention.

But this particular walk I saw my dog doing his work for the day on a grass strip. I looked up and saw two people walking towards me, they looked like pedestrians and I thought nothing of it and walked passed them. That’s when they addressed me with: “Ma’am, can we ask you something?” So I thought they wanted to ask a silly question about my dog, the way to the mall or the time, whatever. Instead, they said: “Why didn’t you clean up after your dog? You know it’s mandatory?” And they took out their notepads and stuff. It so happened they were undercover plain clothing policemen just passing by. I felt really stupid because I had a plastic bag with me but just didn’t use it that particular time. It cost me a sixty euro fine. I wasn’t happy, but it sort of was my own fault.

That was an expensive poop!


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905891-An-expensive-mistake