*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905913-Fun-Fact-Friday-Dumb-Trouble
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#905913 added March 3, 2017 at 10:30am
Restrictions: None
Fun Fact Friday: Dumb Trouble
Friday, March 3, 2017

 Contemplating the Germination of a Seed  (E)
Seeds germinate
#2085532 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The Fun Fact Friday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
On this day in 1903, Barney Gilmore of St. Louis, Missouri was arrested for spitting. What's one of the dumbest things you've ever gotten in trouble for?

I don't remember getting into a lot of trouble when I was a child. I probably did, but none of it was so dumb that it stands out in my memory. One dumb thing I remember getting in trouble for when I was a teenager was commenting that I thought a certain Chubby Checkers was good looking. My step father figuratively hit the ceiling because Chubby Checkers was black and we were white. I still don't think I did anything wrong. I didn't see what the color of a person's skin had to do with it then or now. There are still people in this country today who would respond the way my stepfather did.


The biggest problem with this country today is focusing on the color of skin, religion, political party, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin to determine the worth of a person. The worth of a human is in other things besides those. We need to start treating all human beings with respect no matter what other attributes they have. You can disagree with anything about another person you want, but that doesn't give anyone the right to treat them as any less then human with certain inalienable or unalienable rights.

*Woman* *Woman* *Woman*

Another fun fact for today concerns the women's suffrage march on Washington in 1913. The women were protesting their lack of civil rights, specifically the right to vote. Women were denied their right to vote in any election until 1920. While we take this right for granted today women still face inequities in the workforce.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905913-Fun-Fact-Friday-Dumb-Trouble