*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906051-Sunday-News-How-sick-am-I-of
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#906051 added March 5, 2017 at 12:52am
Restrictions: None
Sunday News: How sick am I of???
Sunday, March 5, 2017

I cut the cable
because T.V. cost too much
not because news made me sick.

The Sunday News prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
As people who write things that can be seen on the internet, we understand how important grammar is. The real question that remains, however, is how sick are you of this guy??   Pace yourselves, 'cuz there's a lot goin' on in there.

"Is America great again, yet?"1 HELL NO! America will never be great until it begins to live up to the statement found in the second paragraph of the Declaration of Independence. That statement is "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."2 America has yet to live up to this statement because when it was written there were still slaves being bought and sold in the south. Women were still second or even third class citizens. The government was taking away the sacred lands of Native Americans.


Our forefathers may have interrupted that statement differently then we do today. When they wrote it I suspect they were thinking of only white males, but they didn't say that. They didn't specific men as referring only to white males. This term can also be used to refer to human beings in general. It doesn't matter what our forefathers intended when they wrote those words, what matters is how we interrupt them today. For us today that sentence refers to all the people living in the United States and not just those of a specific skin tone or gender. Therefore we (the citizens of the United States) have to work together to make those words true. Instead of working together we are pushing each other down the hole of an outhouse.

Footnotes
1  Prachi Gupta asked in the Barf Bag.
2  http://www.ushistory.org/DECLARATION/document/


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906051-Sunday-News-How-sick-am-I-of