*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906057-The-Age-of-Reason-and-The-Independent-Search-for-Truth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#906057 added March 5, 2017 at 11:21am
Restrictions: None
The Age of Reason and The Independent Search for Truth
Sunday, March 5, 2017

 How Cinnamon is used on Mars  (18+)
Creatively Cinnamon Blogs about her visit to Mars. WC: 377
#2114128 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1089
In this age of the 24/7 news cycle, with all of the different information outlets available (and each with their own slants and biases), are we as a people becoming too smart for our own good? Are we losing the capability to understand reason?  

I agree that the United States is in a crises. I also agree the many people don't question what politicians tell them especially if those politicians are of their party. Another reason this country is in trouble is the fact the a person refuses to question their own preconceived ideas and prejudices. We, the American people, need to use the scientific method in our search for truth. We need to look closely our prejudices and preconceived ideas. We need to ask ourselves why we believe the way we do. Is our belief system founded on our own investigations of reality or on what we were taught as children?


We need to learn to use our minds which means using both our Rationality Quota and our Intelligence Quota. We need to learn to search for truth independent of what we are told. We need to learn to ask questions of ourselves and everyone else in our lives in our search for truth. In addition to asking questions we need to expand our circle of friends and acquaintances. Do we associate only with the people we work with or those in our neighborhood? Do we attend only our own house of worship without considering to go to that of another faith to see how the followers of that faith worship? In our search for truth we need to go outside of our cubicles to associate with the rest of humanity.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906057-The-Age-of-Reason-and-The-Independent-Search-for-Truth