*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906207-Talk-Tuesday-Vestigial-Parts-Performers-and-Rage
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#906207 added March 7, 2017 at 7:31am
Restrictions: None
Talk Tuesday: Vestigial Parts, Performers and Rage
Tuesday, March7, 2017

 Vision of Hope  (E)
A Beacon of Hope poem
#2097833 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1573
Let's talk about vestigial parts. If you could remove some parts of yourself and leave them behind, which parts would you detach? Emotions, body parts or pieces of your history?

Vestigial Parts

At 70 years old there isn't any such thing as vestigial parts. Every part of my body (that I still have), emotions and history make who I am today. I admit that there have been times in my life when I wished I were someone else or someplace else (usually on another planet in the galaxy). I no longer want to be someone else and, despite all the crap that's going on this planet, I like living on Earth. If I changed anything about me I would be a different person. I don't want to be a different person because I'm satisfied with who I am. I won't say I'm happy with who I am or even that I like myself or my body parts all the time, but I'm satisfied at present because I know where I need to improve.


The Talk Tuesday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Which musicians, actors or athletes do you wish you could've seen perform live while they were still in their prime?

Performers

Who would I have liked to see perform in their prime? There are a lot of performers I would have like to see, therefore I will name only the most important ones. Those performers, in no particular order, are (1) Billie Holiday, (2) Prince, (3) Johnny Cash, (4) Elvis Presley, (5) Dizzy Gillespie, (6) Hank Williams Sr. and (7) Louis Armstrong. There are probably more, but those are the most important performers I'd like to see.


The prompt for DAY 1090
“When your rage is choking you, it is best to say nothing.” Octavia E. Butler, Fledgling
Agree or disagree? How do you handle your rage?

Rage

Say nothing when someone angers you isn't always a good idea because it frustration and rage will build up until it explodes. However, it isn't a good idea to say anything when you are in a rage either. The best way to handle this much anger is to walk it off or throw darts at a dartboard. Once you have calmed down enough to talk to the person who aroused your rage without doing the person bodily harm that is the time to have a conversation. The only time walking away is required is when you know the other person won't admit they were wrong and will blame you or threaten your life.




© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906207-Talk-Tuesday-Vestigial-Parts-Performers-and-Rage