*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906628-Joy-and-Joy-alone-is-His-Being
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#906628 added March 13, 2017 at 12:47am
Restrictions: None
Joy and Joy alone is His Being
A state exists in which there is only Bliss, Beatitude, Supreme Felicity.
At your level, joy has its opposite; you speak of the joys of heaven and the torments of hell.
But where there is Eternal Bliss - Bliss in its own right cannot be expressed.
It is entirely beyond such words as "what is or what is not?"
To speak means to float on the surface.
What language can express that which is neither floating nor diving deep?
Man's duty - especially for those who have made the Supreme Quest their one and only aim - is to work joyfully for the uplift of the world, with the conviction that all service is His service. Work done in such a spirit helps to purify the mind and heart.
There was a young man who experienced various supernormal states and had many kinds of visions. He would, for example, prostrate before the deity and remain in that posture for hours without raising his head, tears streaming down his cheeks. He said he saw and heard Sri Krishna teaching Arjuna, as described in the Gita, and that he had many other visions and auditory experiences of the kind. This body told him that if a seeker could not maintain firm control over his mind, he would be liable to see and hear many things, both illusory and genuine, all mixed up. He might even fall a victim to the influence of some 'spirit' or power. Such occurrences, far from intensifying pure divine aspiration, would hinder rather than help.
Moreover, to see someone in a vision or to hear him address you, may well become a source of self-satisfaction or egotistic enjoyment. To lose control over oneself is not desirable. In the search after Truth, one must not allow oneself to be overpowered by anything, but must watch carefully whatever phenomena may supervene, keeping fully conscious, wide awake, in fact retaining complete mastery over oneself. Loss of consciousness is never right.
As there is a state of Supreme Knowledge, likewise there is a state of perfection at the zenith of the path of love. There one finds the nectar of perfect love, identical with Supreme Knowledge. In this state there is no room for emotional excitement; indeed, it would make it impossible for Supreme Love to shine forth. Be mindful of one thing: if when following a particular line of approach, one does not attain to that which is the consummation of all sadhana, namely the final Goal, it means that one has not entered the Stream. At the supreme summit of Love, exuberance, excessive emotion and the like cannot possibly occur. Emotional excitement and Supreme Love are not to be compared at all, they are totally different from one another.
Whilst absorbed in meditation, whether one is conscious of the body or not, whether there be a sense of identification with the physical or not - in any case, it is imperative to remain wide awake - unconsciousness must be strictly avoided.
Some genuine perceptivity must be retained, whether one contemplates the Self as such or any particular form. What is the purpose of this type of meditation?
It opens up one's being to the Light, to that which is Eternal. Suppose the body had been suffering some pain or stiffness - lo and behold, after meditation it feels perfectly healthy, with not a trace of fatigue or debility. It is as if a long period of time had elapsed in between, as if there had never been a question of any discomfort. This would be a good sign. But if tempted, at the first touch of Bliss, to allow oneself to be drowned in it and later declare: "Where I was I could not say, I do not know", this is not desirable. As one becomes capable of real meditation - and to the extent that one contacts Reality - one discovers the ineffable joy that lies hidden even in all outer objects.
On the other hand, when in the course of meditation one loses oneself, as it were, and lapses into a kind of stupor and afterwards claims to have been steeped in intense bliss, this sort of bliss is a hindrance. If the life-force seems to have been in abeyance -just as one has a sense of great happiness after sound sleep this indicates stagnation.
It is a sign of attachment and this attachment stands in the way of true meditation, since one will be apt to revert to this state again and again, although from the standpoint of the world, which is altogether different, this state would seem to be a source of profound inward joy and therefore an indication of spiritual progress. To be held up at any stage is obstructive; it simply means one has stopped advancing.
When engaging in meditation one should think of oneself as a purely spiritual being, without any touch of materiality, as Self-luminous, poised in the Bliss of the Self. And, according to the Guru's instructions, try to concentrate on one's Chosen Deity.
The young man who had many visions was intelligent and therefore able to understand this sort of reasoning. As a result, the spectacular experiences ceased and he attends now to his meditation and other spiritual exercises in a very quiet and unobtrusive manner.
A state of being exists where it is immaterial whether He assumes a form or not - what is, is He. In this case what is there to express in words? Furthermore, at a certain level the Self may reveal Itself to Itself. At the same time He does not reveal Himself at all: to whom is He to reveal Himself?
When there is neither form nor quality, what is to be put into language? Where nothing is excluded, how can Oneness be obstructed? In this state of complete poise nothing at all is any longer apart from Him, what is, is the Thing Itself. So what can be said or left unsaid, since it is entirely beyond words?
Obviously each individual speaks from the level at which he finds himself and whatever is uttered are His words, His song, addressed to Him. In the Supreme State nothing whatsoever can possibly be an obstacle: if it is, then ignorance has survived. In Reality there is only He - He alone and nothing but He.
To prepare yourself for the revelation of That which eternally is, there are injunctions, numerous paths. But do you not see, every path must come to an end; in other words, you should concentrate upon that imagination which will sweep away all other imaginations, which means when you have gone beyond all imagination there is the revelation of That which you really are.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906628-Joy-and-Joy-alone-is-His-Being