*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906708-The-Dance-of-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#906708 added March 13, 2017 at 2:49pm
Restrictions: None
The Dance of Life
Monday, March 13, 2017

Chanting God's Most Great Name
awakens my soul
like coffee awakens my mind:
I joyfully dance through the day.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1096
“Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you’re perfectly free.” Rumi What do you make of this quote? What does Rumi mean when he says, “dance”?

The Dance of Life

Life is a dance!
The individual is a snowflake
falling to the ground;
a water droplet pushed by the winds
of tests and difficulties
until its crystal body becomes
too heavy to dance
and it merges with a snowbank.


What do I make of this quote? I believe this quote refers to the soul. It suggests that attitude of joy that one should have when worshiping the creator. It also suggests that we should approach the life the same way we approach dancing. When you first learn to dance you have difficulty with the steps but as you get more practice the easier the steps become. The lessons we learn between birth into the physical word and death, when our souls ascend into the spiritual world, are intended to develop the spiritual attributes we need to prosper in the spiritual world. The more we practice these attributes the easier they become.

What does Rumi mean when he says "dance"? Rumi was a mystic poet so I suspect he is probably referring to the soul. Many of Rumi's sayings and poems have a two fold nature because they refer to both the material world and the spiritual world. The only way to determine what he is actually saying is to pray and meditate about the quote after reading the item the quote was taken out of.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906708-The-Dance-of-Life