*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906807-Talk-Tuesday-Consent-is-the-Opposite-of-No
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#906807 added March 14, 2017 at 1:13pm
Restrictions: None
Talk Tuesday: Consent is the Opposite of No
Tuesday, March 15, 2017


The Talk Tuesday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Define "consent".

Every time I go to a doctor, whether its a specialist or my regular doctor, to receive treatment for a different aliment (one I haven't received treatment for) I have to sign a consent form. I mean if I didn't need or think I need the procedure it would be different. I'm not crazy in love with my doctors. I'm not crazy in love with medication or medical procedures. If I didn't think the meds or the procedures were necessary I wouldn't have mentioned the aliment or worry to my doctor. I swear I've signed more consent forms since I turned 65 then in the proceeding 64 years of my life.


Now that I've gotten that bitch off my chest I can proceed with anther bitch. It's the inability of some people to understand the concept of "No!" When I say NO, I mean to opposite of consent. No is lack of consent it isn't maybe or possibly or a yes in disguise. I've dealt with the problem of people (usually men) not understanding the definition of no and the definition of consent all my life. I damn sick and tired of it. In the twenty-first century you'd think that men would learn that no means lack of consent, but from the news programs I'm watching their are still men that don't understand that concept. This is women's history month so people get out there and help stop violence against women.

Help Stop Violence Against Women
Teach the difference between yes and no
Between consent and the lack of consent


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906807-Talk-Tuesday-Consent-is-the-Opposite-of-No