*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906773-March-14
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#906773 added March 14, 2017 at 1:27am
Restrictions: None
March 14
"March 14 Group signature.Just what it says ** Image ID #2113629 Unavailable ** My Blog signature Just what it says
The 30 DBC prompt for Tuesday March 14 is "Define "consent"."

C

onsent is a term that implies willingness to do something on behalf of the person giving consent. Many times the term is applied to sex and the parties are said to be "consenting" adults. In other words they are doing what they are doing freely and without force or coercion. It can also be a legal term because a child who is under the age of 18 or whatever the age of adulthood is in a particular jurisdiction cannot give consent even if they are very willing to participate. Consent essentially means "permission". I give my consent to have what I write here displayed for the whole world to see.

Blog City image small

The Blog City Prompt forum prompt for Tuesday March 14, 2017 is "How do you know you love someone or something? What are the signs, feelings, thoughts, according to you?"

L

ove is an action word in my opinion. Many consider love to be limited to feelings like one's heart beating faster when the object of their love is near. They may believe that love is limited to the mushy feelings that one feels inside such as excitement and happiness to be around the object of their affection. For me this is much too narrow of a description. I believe love is an action word. Love is willing to do whatever it takes to assure the prosperity and welfare of it's object. Sometimes love means carrying both one's own load and the load of the object of one's affection. Sometimes it means being willing to sacrifice things that are important to you. Sometimes it means being brutally honest, even when you know that what you say is not gong to be received well.

Love is all these things and more. The apostle Paul wrote that love "Believes all things, hopes all things, wants all things, and endures all things, 1 Corinthians 13: 7. Love is very patient and is blind to wrong doings. Again Paul says that three things will last forever: "faith, hope, and love and the greatest of these is love," 1 Corinthians 13: 13.

1 Corinthians 13 is said to be the "love chapter" of the Bible. I don't know that I necessarily agree with that because the whole Bible is about God's love for mankind. However 1 Corinthians 13 is a great discourse on love.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs

The Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for March 14, 2017 is "What evil lurks in your heart? Describe it us as if you were mixing an alcoholic drink for someone to imbibe. Tell us not just how to mix it but how to drink, savor it and what the side effects are. Have fun."

A

s an evangelist I would want to say that the best way to drink of the evil in our hearts is not to do so at all but rather pray that the Holy Spirit would remove those evils. For the sake of the assignment however I will go along and try to mix a rather unsavory drink. One of the worst of human evils is pride. Since pride was directly related to the original sin we'll start with a finger of pride. Next we'll add a hint of greed. Where would our drink be without greed? This will make us want to hoard it all to ourselves. Lust is a very important component as well. We'll use it as an aphrodisiac in our drink. Now we'll add sloth which will make us lazy and assure that we don't drink our drink too quickly. Envy goes in next to assure that when we drink our drink we begin to covet everything around us. Anger is not really an evil but uncontrolled rage definitely is. So we'll want a pinch of it as well. Then we will lightly shake, don't stir our drink and serve it as hot as the fires of the place it came from. Drink with extreme caution but preferably not at all!

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards






© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906773-March-14