*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906916-March-15
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#906916 added March 16, 2017 at 12:33am
Restrictions: None
March 15
"March 15 Group signature. Just what it says ** Image ID #2113629 Unavailable **

The 30 DBC prompt for March 15, 2017 is "Do you follow/subscribe to any professional/topical blogs, or any particularly interesting non-WDC blogs? Why or why not? Share a couple links if you'd like, and tell us about them and why you're interested in them."

A

ctually I don't follow any blogs because I simply don' t have time to do so. In my opinion blogs do nothing more than spout the opinions of the authors anyway. Personally I dont care how well educated an author is a field. I still don't want to hear their opinion. I want to hear facts reported without bias. I'm afraid that isn't going to happen though because the days of Tom Brokaw and Walter Kronkite are over.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs

The Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for March 15, 2017 is "Prompt: Portmanteau or portmanteau word is a " linguistic blend of words" see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portmanteau for more information including examples and the plurals of the word. Create one or more portmanteau or portmateaux, write a definition of the new word and use it in a sentence, story, or poem."

I

don't know about making up new words. It sort of goes against an author's grain to do so. When I was in school I was taught that words were established and any attempt on my part to create new ones was bad spelling. So I try to avoid coining any new words. However for the sake of this entry I will make up one. Okay, let's see. Over the past 48 hours I have been extremely ill. So let's do something with sick. My illness started with a very hard cough and progressed from there. I was also fevered. So I guess you could say I had a covever in my lungs.

Blog City image small

The Blog City Prompt Forum prompt for March 15, 2017 is "I love spring anywhere but if I could choose, I would always greet it in a garden." How do you feel about this?"

W

hen I was younger I always wanted to greet spring in a garden as well. I was raised on a farm, where we gardened at least 7 or 8 acres of land. Some of our gardens were so long that you could barely see the other end. We raised everything from potatoes to corn and tomatoes. Of course no garden was ever complete without a bumper crop of cucumbers, a few radishes, some lettuce, onions, cabbage, and pumpkins. So being an old farm boy I love to garden. The bigger the garden the better. However I'm not in good enough physical condition to get down and roll around in the dirt anymore. So my farming days are over. Then also I now live in the city and have no place to plant a garden. If I did I would more than likely try, even if I failed miserably.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906916-March-15