*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906919-March-16-2017
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#906919 added March 16, 2017 at 1:02am
Restrictions: None
March 16, 2017
{entry Group signature. Just what it says ** Image ID #2113629 Unavailable **

The March 16 prompt for 30 DBC is "Tell us about a time you had to overcome a big or small fear in order to get what you wanted/be successful/maintain something."

I

always had an extreme phobia of heights. If I ever had to work on a roof or other lofty place, I froze solid with fear. This was discovered the hard way when my brothers and I went to repair the roof on our three story house. The only available access was to go to the second floor, drop a rope over the side, pull up a ladder, and the access the roof by ladder from the second floor balcony. I was fine with all of that. Looking down to bring the ladder up made me a little queasy but I passed it off. Once we had the ladder in place and ascended it though was when the trouble started. I made the mistake of looking down and became breathless with fear. The roof started spinning and I was stuck. It took my brothers almost an hour to get me to move the five feet to the ladder and descend it. After that, it didn't matter how big or how important a job was. My brothers seen to it that I never had to climb again.

Blog City image small

The Blog City Prompt Forum prompt for March 16, 2017 is "What does art mean to you? Write anything you want about art.

A

rt to me means a discipline of creating a piece of beauty using words or instruments such as paint or pencil. I can tell you with certainty that if drawing or painting were the only form of art, I'd definitely be left out in the cold. However art takes on many forms. While I cannot illustrate worth a hoot, I am excellent with words and with my voice. Starting March 31, 2017 I plan to begin guitar lessons as well. That will give me a third method to express my artistic prowess. Just don't ask me to draw you a picture of the guitar!

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906919-March-16-2017