*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906926-Fear-art-and-a-caller
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#906926 added March 16, 2017 at 3:37am
Restrictions: None
Fear, art and a caller
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Tell us about a time you had to overcome a big or small fear in order to get what you wanted/be successful/maintain something.

A few months back last year I had to get my breast cancer exam. I was very scared to go. In fact, I postponed the dates several times. During that time I was able to write about it. See: "Letter to Cancer . It helped me quite a lot. In the end, I went, of course, and got negative results back. I was so relieved! But I had to overcome my fear in order to get peace of mind. A lot of writers helped me with information about breast cancer, good vibes, and well-wishes. In the end, I was a somewhat stronger person. This year I have to do my cervix cancer exam somewhere at the end of the year. It will be again a big challenge not to let fear get the best of me. In my country, it’s great they have those exams for everyone of a certain age. It’s better to be ahead of problems than to be too late for a terrible illness.



*Right*Prompt: What does art mean to you? Write anything you want about art. (BC)

Art means a great deal to me. It lifts me up and embraces me. Whether it is writing, painting, sculpting, music, or poetry: art deals with expressing my innermost thoughts and feelings. I think art is important in society. I hate it that in my country (as everywhere else in the world) economic thinking is taking over and art is always one of the last things to consider in society. I think that is wrong. Art defines a society, it is one of the cornerstones and therefore it has to be protected and stimulated.

I am solely busy with the art of writing. Poetry and writing are my main concerns right now. It gives me an identity, gives room for breathing and makes me part of a group of people I like to be around with and associated with. Art in all its forms is uplifting, very important and worth preserving. Creativity is the backbone of society.



*Right* Prompt: A caller won't leave you alone...(BCoFs)

I had that once a few years back. Out of the blue, this man called me thinking and acting like I was somebody he knew. I politely informed him that he got the wrong number, but he wouldn’t believe me. So I hang up the phone. He called back twice after that. The third time I blocked his number. It is as simple as that nowadays. If it was an unlisted number and the harassment continued I would seriously consider a new cell number. But that would be only in very extreme cases.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906926-Fear-art-and-a-caller