*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907019-Fun-Fact-Friday-St-Patricks-Day-Shenanigans
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#907019 added March 17, 2017 at 1:22pm
Restrictions: None
Fun Fact Friday: St. Patrick's Day Shenanigans
Friday, March 17, 2017


The "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS prompt for
*Countryie* Fun Fact Friday, St. Patrick's Day   edition! On this day in the year 461, St. Patrick died in Saul. Ireland celebrates this day in his honor. Share with us a story of St. Patrick's Day shenanigans you've gotten into in the past...or, if you prefer, share with us some of the traditions you take part in on March 17th.*Shamrock*

 I Dream of Ireland  (ASR)
Ethnic Irish foods
#1979776 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

Since I was raise as a Protestant (specifically Southern Baptist) in middle America (Oklahoma) the only thing I did to celebrate St. Patrick's day was to wear green. I wore green to school or any place else I went on March 17 as a self defiance measure. If I didn't wear green on that day someone would pinch me and I, like a piece of ripe fruit, bruise easily. I didn't learn until I heard the Irish Rovers sing "The Orange and The Green" that in Ireland wearing green meant you were Catholic and Orange Protestant. I doubt that it would have made any more of a difference to me as a child then it does today.


 Saint Patrick's Day Limerick  (E)
Saint Patrick, the leprechaun, and the snake
#1924252 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

About the only thing I do on or around St. Patrick's day is to write a poem or story with some type of Irish theme. I like limericks because the are funny, but I'll use any poetry form that appears to fit the subject of the poem. So far I written three poems with a St. Patrick's day theme in March of various years.

 Meditations on Ireland  (ASR)
Random Thoughts on Ireland and St. Patrick’s Day
#1651395 by Prosperous Snow celebrating




© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907019-Fun-Fact-Friday-St-Patricks-Day-Shenanigans