*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907035-Funny-Friday-March-17-2017
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#907035 added March 18, 2017 at 2:40pm
Restrictions: None
Funny Friday: March 17, 2017
Istiqlál (Independence), 17 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness), 173 BE - Friday, March 17, 2017 CE

I don't know how funny a Friday it is yet. I submitted a limerick to "Comedy Newsletter (March 15, 2017) for the challenge. "Here is my limerick for the challenge." "A Good Limerick There is another limerick contest that ends today. I don't know if I'll write one for it or just submit a copy of the one I've written. I think that might be the best thing to do at this time. I am working on another limerick, but I have only the firs two line written and I can't seem to think of anything else.


Saint Paddy drove the snakes out of Ireland,
Using a three leaf clover garland,

I put the first poem in the first entry of "Bicentenary Poems and Prose. This entry is about the months of the Baha'i or Badi calendar. I suppose I should explain that in a drop note at the bottom of the poem when I finish the last section. I have only one section of the first entry completed. It's a senryu about splendor. I don't know if each of the poem in this entry will senryu or not because I have thought that far ahead.

It's my turn to contribute to the "Invalid Item. My five line poem must begin with "warm breeze". I'm not sure how many things I have to finish this weekend. I know I have to respond to a review request, write my cinquain and finish my edition of the fantasy newsletter. I also need to research a senyru chain to see if I need to do anything special for the next stanza of my entry in "Bicentenary Poems and Prose. Since I can't find any rules for a senryu chain I can go ahead and make the rest of the poems in the first entry senryus.

My contribution to "Invalid Item

warm breeze
whispering sweet
somethings to hyacinths
perfuming the morning air with
laughter




© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907035-Funny-Friday-March-17-2017