*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907060-March-18-2017
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#907060 added March 18, 2017 at 2:32am
Restrictions: None
March 18, 2017
"March 18, 2017Group signature.Just what it saysMy Blog signature ** Image ID #2113629 Unavailable ** }Just what it says-75%}

The 30 DBC prompt for March 18, 2017 is "A boss, teacher, supervisor, parent, or spiritual adviser approaches you and says "Nothing is true and everything is possible." What's your response/reaction?"

I

f my spiritual adviser were to tell me something like that I'd immediately begin looking for another spiritual adviser because I believe with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength that there is one ultimate truth. It's found in the pages of the Bible. God is truth and everything He stands for is truth. So I wouldn't likely be around a spiritual adviser who could ever allow such worldly beliefs slip from his mouth to begin with. However if I happened to misjudge my spiritual adviser that badly, I would immediately be seeking another one.

If a boss, friend, or co-worker allowed such non-sense to spew from their mouth, I would attempt to correct their mistaken thinking. If i found i could not do so, I would probably take anything else they said very cautiously after that.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs

The Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for today is "Us the following words to write a story or a poem. moonlight, condemn, small, pancake, execute, rotten, strawberry, startle".

I

was sitting in the moonlight preparing my dinner over a small campfire. I had made myself a small pancake dinner. "I hate to startle you," I told the pancake "but I'm hungry and you're on the menu. You're on it too strawberry syrup. I know you would prefer I not condemn you but I'm hungry."

"Just try to execute that sentence," the pancake dinner and strawberry syrup seemed to say. "If you do we promise to make you feel absolutely rotten."

"You can try to make me feel bad. Good luck in doing so."

In the end I was the one who got the startle. I was sitting there in the moonlight when a rotten bear came and stole my pancake dinner with the delicious strawberry syrup.

Blog City image small

The Blog Coty Prompt Forum prompt foor March 18, 2017 is "You're the leader of a vigilante group. Write about a night of crime-fighting where everything goes wrong."

I

was the leader of a vigilante task force who was going through the city taking care of business. There were five of us on the team specializing in everything from special tactics to logistics and communication. One night we were approaching the home of a notorious perp. He had a wrap sheet half a mile long but he had always gotten away with his crimes because some liberal judge and fast talking suit would get him released on a technicality. Tonight those days were going to be over for him.

We approached his house and surrounded it. Once all the exits were covered the take down team made their entrance. We didn't kick down the door as that was far too dramatic. Instead we picked the lock on the suspect's door and went in unannounced. We found the lights all out in the residence, which told us the mark was more than likely asleep. We went into the first bedroom of the single story dwelling and the suspect was sprawled out on the bed asleep. My partner had just completed the task as hand when the voice of a young child spoke "Daddy, I dreamed there were men coming into the house. Oh no, there are men here! Daddy wake up!"



Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards



© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907060-March-18-2017