*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907107-Could-I-actually-be-Italian
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#907107 added March 18, 2017 at 8:34pm
Restrictions: None
Could I actually be Italian??
PROMPT: Creation Saturday! A boss, teacher, supervisor, parent, or spiritual advisor approaches you and says, "Nothing is true and everything is possible." What's your response/reaction?
         Huh, this almost seems to be the start of a new brain-washing cult. It's absolute motto is : nothing is true. What is nothing? Isn't it zero, zip, nada? Isn't 'true' real, factual, and tangible? So, the gullible follow the theory that zero is true, righteous, believable, and good. All worship nothing, it is the one true way. Kinda twisted, no?
          Family lore has it that I was spurned at birth by my own mother. Apparently, my arrival in a hospital coincided with a drug-induced sleep/fog for my Mom, so she wasn't in the present and conscious when I burst forth. After a suitable amount of time to regain her faculties, my presence was requested. I was handed over, and my mother took one incredulous look denying my parentage. She insisted that "her" baby be brought to her, and that the records were mixed up. As she raised a ruckus, the birth book was produced as evidence, and she could see for herself that my birth was the only one registered that day. Mom was still perplexed, and not entirely sold on my being her daughter. She and my father are blondes. Their relatives were blonde. I definitely had black hair. I also had a chubby-cheeked face, so my Mom decided I was someone's Italian baby. In her mind, this was entirely feasible because Toronto had a large Italian community. Anyway, I was eventually accepted.
          I heard this family 'legend' as I grew up. It would explain my fondness for pasta among other things. When I disagreed with my mother, I would tease/taunt her with, "Fine, I'll just go find my Italian family, so there!" Over the years, it became a joke, but hey, what if this was actually the truth? Had I been switched at birth, and sent home with the wrong parents? Hmmm, so my Mom told me a slightly different 'truth? Were the hospital records tampered with, or altered? Am I not to believe them as the truth? This certainly is plausible.... My younger siblings are all brown-eyed blondes. My eyes are not any shade of brown at all. Wait a minute, they all wear corrective eye glasses, yet I do not require them. Eerily, they seem to share the same handwriting, too. I also seem to have been cursed with an accident/ bodily injury gene that skipped them, and persecuted me. I seem to be the odd duck, the black sheep, the ugly duckling/swan, whatever... Quite possibly, my Italian mother is out there grieving for me. Nothing is true and everything is possible...

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907107-Could-I-actually-be-Italian