*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907048-May-you-always-be-blessed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#907048 added March 17, 2017 at 8:05pm
Restrictions: None
May you always be blessed...
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17342492_10212886463135517_8964591... PROMPT: Fun Fact Friday! St. Patrick's Day... On this day in the year 461, St. Patrick died in Saul. Ireland celebrates this day in his honour. Share with us a story of St. Patrick's Day shenanigans you've gotten into in the past... or, if you prefer, share with us some of the traditions you take part in on March 17th.
          Shenanigans?? I do like this mischievous word, but, alas, I have not "shenaniged", or "shilly-shallied", or whatever. I may be one of the few people on this planet that has never ever celebrated St. Patrick's Day. I say. "Meh." It's just another day. Strange, but true. I am of Irish heritage, yet I cannot stand the taste, or smell of beer. Blech!! Bleck! Green is my favourite colour, and I wear it next to my skin quite often, but it will not tempt me in the slightest to swill green beer/ale. I am not a "pubber", or a crawler either. Huh, I didn't even think to dine Irish tonight. I confess I ate leftover spaghetti. Am I a St. Patrick's Day Grinch? Bah humbug?? Oh wait, I did admire the green flood lights set up at Niagara Falls, from a distance. Well, I viewed the colouring from my computer screen 'cause I do not live anywhere near The Falls.
         I like Irish Proverbs, and bits o' wisdom. So, here is a smattering.... May you never forget what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten.
          A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything.
          May you be in Heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead.
          A good word never broke a tooth.
         May you always be blessed with walls for the wind. A roof for the rain. A warm cup of tea by the fire. Laughter to cheer you. Those you love near you. And all that your heart might desire.
          Sigh, there was no rainbow, or a pot o' gold in my neck of the woods. The sun was shining though, and the mountain of snow has finally begun to melt. I was reminded of the anticipated summer as I limped along the sidewalks camouflaged by mounds of sand. It felt like strolling on a beach.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907048-May-you-always-be-blessed