*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907617-Artificial-Intelligence
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#907617 added March 26, 2017 at 4:45am
Restrictions: None
Artificial Intelligence
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
The Sunday News! This week, a self-driving car was involved in an accident in Arizona. What are your thoughts on autonomous vehicles? Cool new tech of the future? Too many unknowns and variables to be considered safe? Or do you fall somewhere in the middle? Tell us what you think.

I am not sure about self-driving cars. I think the whole idea of driving a car is that you drive it yourself, feel the rush, use the equipment, be active as the driver, and enjoy the actual driving of the vehicle. And if you don’t drive yourself there is the taxi, where another driver is in the front seat to talk to you. I really don’t know what the benefits are of a self-driving car. They can get into accidents as well, apparently. Furthermore, they can fall easily into the hands of criminals. Only if everyone is driving an autonomous car it will be a success, and I don’t think that is going to happen anywhere soon.

So, for technical purposes, they should go on with its development, but only as a showcase, not as a real opportunity for the future. Perhaps, for transportation on other planets? That would be cool.



*Right* PROMPT: Do you think Artificial Intelligence will ever surpass human intelligence? Or has it already? With our reliance on digital assistants like Siri, Alexa, and Cortana, how far off are we from having them walking and acting in person rather than being part of our electronic devices?(BC)

AI has already surpassed human intelligence with counting and mathematics I think. Computers already are able to calculate faster and do more complex mathematics than humans. I don’t think that you can call that thinking, but they are close. So, on some tasks, they surpassed humans and replaced us. Robotics is a part of science that is growing.

The Netherlands has a broad array of high-quality universities, both academic and applied sciences. There are three technical universities that focus as an innovation hub for developments around robotics.

It may be hard to believe, but estimations are before the end of this century, 70 percent of today’s occupations will have the potential to be replaced by automation. In other words, robot replacement is just a matter of time. This upheaval is being led by a second wave of automation, one that is centered on artificial cognition, cheap sensors, machine learning, and distributed smarts. This deep automation will touch all jobs, from manual labor to knowledge work. Why robots will take our jobs  

Just as computers and smartphones are a big part of our daily existence, so will robots be in the future. Technology will go on!

I think that can be a good thing. Jobs that are monotonous, messy, heavy and dirty can be fulfilled by robots. That gives people the opportunity to focus on more complex matters like how to interact in a loving way with each other, how to fill up leisure time, how to care for the planet. But some economies will still have manual labor for its people. There still will be a divide between rich and poor countries. Perhaps robotics can help developmental countries, as well.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907617-Artificial-Intelligence