*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907784-At-night-housework-and-clothes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#907784 added March 28, 2017 at 7:37pm
Restrictions: None
At night, housework and clothes
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Talk Tuesday! What do you do when you can't sleep?

LOL, I am reading this prompt at 4 am, AND answering it. *BigSmile* Does that answer the question?

I usually wake up two times on an average night. My computer is always on standby so I go to my study in the middle of the night to see if there are any red notifiers on WdC. Because of the time difference, it’s 10 pm at WdC so there are bound to be some emails, newsfeed messages or notifications. I usually only read them, and not answer them straight away, so tonight is the exception. I thought it was rather funny to read this prompt in the middle of the night. Normally, I drink something and go to bed again after that, hoping I will sleep again immediately which is almost always the case. Yawn! I am off!



*Right*It's your blog, run with it... Information overload! Can't find what I really need to know!(BC)

This morning is all about procrastinating. My kitchen needs cleaning up but I don’t feel like it, I am not in the mood. So I use writing behind the computer today as a means to avoid my work in the house. It’s been this way for a few days now and I am not happy with it. Although the rest of the house is fairly done, that kitchen and the washing up is a real thorn in my eye. I hate it if I do this, but I really loathe washing the dishes. It is a chore I detest. But it also is something that has to be done. Perhaps if I set a deadline for it. Maybe that will help?

I solemnly pledge that I will start with my housework in the afternoon by 3.30. I even set the alarm. That gives me plenty of time to do other things.

Note: Sorry, I thought Lynn had information overload, so no prompt and we had to run the blog anyway! Guess I misinterpret the prompt today!!



*Right*Prompt: Recently, women wore ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ robes during their protest at Texas Senate. http://www.signature-reads.com/2017/03/women-wear-handmaids-tale-robes-to-protes... For what reasons, do you think, clothing can communicate certain ideas for different occasions, and why do we humans resort to using clothing to send a message? (BCoFs)

Clothing gives a quick first impression and therefore can tell in an instance with non-verbal communication to what group of people you belong. I haven’t read the book so for me it wouldn’t work these ‘Handsmaid Tale’robes, but if you know the content of the book, you know what these women are afraid of.

Clothing gives information about groups, a person’s age, sex, personality, socioeconomic status, values and political ideologies. It provides visual clues. So if you want to communicate and you don’t have much time or verbal tools, this is it.

Clothing can give a form of security, it can tell that you are part of a certain group, it also can give the message that others who are not dressed the same don’t belong. So it is both including as it is excluding people. Youth also use clothing as a means to construct an identity.


Petra & Arie

© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907784-At-night-housework-and-clothes