*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907915-Media-statement-and-novelists
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#907915 added March 30, 2017 at 7:22am
Restrictions: None
Media, statement, and novelists
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
The Wildcard Round! Have you ever been on tv, the radio, or in your local newspaper before? Tell us about it! If not, tell us about someone you know who has.

There have been two occasions with my photo in the paper. One time when I was in high school performing a school play. I was doing a dance dressed up in orange with an orange wig as the mistress of the main character. The second time was while attending a huge national demonstration against nuclear weapons. I was attending the demonstration when suddenly policemen on horses came to disturb the peaceful demonstration. I started to flee, and at that moment a photographer shot his pic. It was on the front page of the national newspaper.

I have been on local radio for talks on developmental countries while I was part of this group the World shop, a group of people dedicated bringing awareness on developmental issues. And my poetry was read out load once in a national radio show. Furthermore, I volunteered a local radio show in a hospital for a few months, reading work of national writers combined with music I chose.



*Right* "Human beings cannot endure emptiness and desolation; they will fill the vacuum by creating a new focus of meaning.”~Karen Armstrong. What's your take? Do you agree or disagree with this statement? (BCoFs)

I agree. Emptiness, loneliness, and misery are very unpleasant states to be in. I think every human being will try to avoid this by creating new ways to cope, new ways to come out this predicament. Humans are very resourceful and they will come up with ways to better their situation if they can help themselves.



*Right* Prompt: "Novelists should never allow themselves to weary of the study of real life." What are your thoughts on this? (BC)

The study of real life is very important to novelists who create a real world inside their stories. Writers who are able to capture real life in words make their characters real people with believable personalities and a setting that has strings with the outside world are more prone to capture the imagination of the readers. Even in fantasy, the characters have to be similar to humans in words or action.

It all depends however how you study real life. By sitting behind your desk doing research, or by mingling with people. That highly depends on the personality of the novelist.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907915-Media-statement-and-novelists