*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908005-Spring-Festivals
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#908005 added March 31, 2017 at 7:17am
Restrictions: None
Spring Festivals
Spring is over and summer has arrived with 90 degree days already! It's going to be a long mowing season if we ever get any rain.

My daughter called last night and is changing jobs or I should say employers. She's an insurance agent switching from Geico to State Farm. Before she moved back to Delaware she had worked for State Farm for many years but could only find a job with Geico when she came back to Jax. She sounds so happy.

The Create Art Fest last weekend was fun. The old train depot is still on site and I walked through admiring the wooden floors. I'm glad my town tries to preserve history while making it available and enticing. Next door to our tent was a sort of tai chi exhibit so I got to watch a lot of activity close up. There was music and dancing and painting and journaling and science experiments...everything. I walked all over the grounds. We were placed on what they called the promenade, facing a huge retention pond with lots of little wood ducks floating and diving. Up the hill in back of our tent was a yoga group doing their thing and there was food if you wanted it but only one spot for it so the smells didn't waft all over. Some may like that but as a vegetarian, I get a little nauseated by frying onions and sausages, the usual fare at these things, so I was thankful not to have to breathe cooking meat for 4 hours. A very nice day.

Our huge Spring Arts Festival is this weekend, the Bradford County Strawberry Festival next weekend, and Cedar Key Art Festival the weekend following that. Whew, so much art and so little time....haha. Spring is the best.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2017 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908005-Spring-Festivals