*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908043-Where-Did-The-Week-Go
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#908043 added March 31, 2017 at 2:31pm
Restrictions: None
Where Did The Week Go
It's Friday already and my last entry was on Monday; kind of indicates what kind of week I had. Last Monday I was enjoying a somewhat peaceful day, but had to work that evening. I was, however, looking forward to having the next three days off, getting my car back on the road, and spending a bit more time in WDC. However, things seldom go according to plan. I will say, as of Tuesday morning, things were still looking pretty good.

I spent most of the day working on the car and had just finished removing the damaged parts when the new parts were delivered. It was quite a job and I was ready to stop working for the day, so I put cleaned up my tools and put everything away, thinking it would be a short job to put it all back together on Wednesday.

Wednesday's job proved to be much more difficult and I was just finishing up When Rhonda got home form work. She was suppose to have the day off, but one of the guards called in Tuesday, his grandmother had passed away, so she worked Wednesday for him. She had just gotten home when I was finishing up on the car, so we took it for a test drive, then made dinner and enjoyed a quiet evening. Again, I had little time for anything other than my temporary job as a mechanic.

I had to retire early Wednesday night since I had to cover the opening shift on Thursday. That meant getting up at three-thirty and not getting home until about noon. Once home, it was a quick lunch and then nap time. I was pretty tired since I usually work the closing shift and I'm not used to getting to bed much before midnight. Of course, I hadn't slept very well, had a long morning, and even after a nap, was feeling pretty exhausted from the morning shift and the two days of working on the car.

I woke today feeling better, more rested, and managed to get caught up on faxes and paperwork. Then it was a little time in here and soon, off to work again. It will be another long weekend at work, and I'm sure hoping next week, when I finally get a few days off, will be better than this past week was.

© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908043-Where-Did-The-Week-Go