*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917765-Feeling-the-Burn
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#917765 added August 17, 2017 at 5:11pm
Restrictions: None
Feeling the Burn
My last entry was back in March; way to long of a time span.  Now, September is just around the corner and soon things will slow down a bit again. Even so, it's going to be a rough transition, since everyone is planning on taking a vacation.

I suppose, since it was a rough transition into spring, this is kind of fitting. We started our extended hours earlier this spring, as well as double coverage, and to be truthful, I'm beginning to feel a bit burned out.

I know the long shifts and busy days have contributed a lot to this, but even more is the reality that I don't really get any down time. Yes, there have been days off, and yes we did get in a few camping trips and some kayaking, but it's not the same as the time I need to unwind and relax.

I am an introvert and need my alone time. This is the time I spend reflecting and writing, as well as staying in touch with myself. This spring and summer have not provided me with much time for anything, and even less time to myself, and I'm really feeling it. It is also evident in the time I have spent in WdC and in the fact that I have not done any writing for months.

A couple more weeks and I should be reaching that light at the end of the tunnel, more time for everything, and most important, more time for myself.

© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917765-Feeling-the-Burn