*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908767-Blogger-of-the-Month-Prompt-March-2017
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#908767 added April 10, 2017 at 6:59am
Restrictions: None
Blogger of the Month Prompt March 2017
"Blogger of the Month Prompt March 2017 Just what it says ** Image ID #2113629 Unavailable ** My Blog signatureImage for BCOF members to put in their blogs

The Blogger of the Month prompt for March 2017 is "The heart and soul of blogging is the individual and/or the group of individuals opining on the fly and responding post-haste to one and all. Michael Conniff.

344 words without prompt

I

agree with Michael. my main reason for not blogging until recently is that I always had the misguided notion that writing should be objective. Of course I knew that there were going to be situations where objectivity would be nearly impossible but i always figured the last thing readers wanted was my opinion. Now that I have been blogging for awhile I know that readers do want my opinion, even if they disagree with it. By reading each others opinions we get to know each other. Being herd animals by nature it's good for us to socialize and get to know each other. Writing is a good social media. It allows the writer and the reader to achieve a level of intimacy not possible in any other way. It allows the reader a glimpse into the writer's soul. Blogging allows the reader an even more personal look into the author's soul because the author expresses their opinion when blogging. It allows the reader to see how the author feels about about a subject. I was actually surprised when I first started blogging. I have never been a big fan of subjective writing. I was never a big fan of such things as talk radio or television shows where the reporter gave their opinions. So when blogging came along I avoided it. I knew that much of blogging was opinion. I had been writing basically poetry and a few short stories. I decided to try writing in new genres. Imagine my surprise when I began winning prizes! Then I decided to give blogging a shot and won Blogger of the Week with my first entry. What a shock that was! People really did not only want to hear my opinion but they valued it. Since then blogging has become a normal part of my writing. Michael Conniff says that blogging is an individual or group of individuals expressing their personal opinions. He is spot on with that statement. Is it not beautiful that people want to get to know each other in this way?

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908767-Blogger-of-the-Month-Prompt-March-2017