*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908915-Prompt-Quills-and-Reviewing-Classroom
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#908915 added April 12, 2017 at 2:12pm
Restrictions: None
Prompt, Quills, and Reviewing Classroom
BCOF Insignia

Thank you Whata SpoonStealer for the beautiful purple awardicon that graces my blog cover!

DAY 1609: April 12, 2017
Prompt: April 12 is Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day. Grilled cheese sandwiches have been around since Roman times. There are dozens of different recipes for a Grilled Cheese sandwich. How do you make your grilled cheese? If you don't eat grilled cheese then how do you make your favorite sandwich?


A grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup are comfort foods I remember fondly from my childhood and still crave when I'm feeling stressed. *Crazy*

My sandwich grill conked out several years ago so I use a frying pan. I use plain, white, lightly buttered bread and place a slice of cheese on one piece then spread it with mayo to give it a bit of zip.

The trick is in the cooking. The sandwich needs to be cooked slowly to give the cheese a chance to melt and blend with the mayo. When both sides are golden brown, it's perfect. *Bread* *Delight*

Quills:
I was amazed when this blog was nominated for a Quill Award. *Shock2* Now we, me and the blog, have won Honourable Mention! Wow. It gives me a good feeling to know people are reading this and actually enjoying it. Thank you to my faithful fans, those who nominated the blog, voted, and of course, the judges!

Reviewing Classroom:
I have been absent from The Reviewing Classroom and pretty much everywhere else on WdC for a while.Plagued with another infection, I was carted off to the hospital.

I won't go into the gory details, let's just say it wasn't a pleasant experience. It's funny how we take small things for granted, like the art of sitting down. Nope, can't do that. Things seemed to be going well and I was hoping to get back to work today, but guess what? More infection, so it may be another week or two before I'm officially back full-time. *Irritated*

Thank you to sybarrios, Warped Sanity , and paddy1 for keeping the forum, the challenge and the updates running smoothly.

That's all my ranting and raving for today.

Until next time,
River *Heart*

© Copyright 2017 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908915-Prompt-Quills-and-Reviewing-Classroom