*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909353-My-dog-and-my-fathers-voice
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#909353 added April 18, 2017 at 4:38am
Restrictions: None
My dog and my father's voice
*Right*What is the most important thing in the world to you? Is it a person or a situation? How different would your world be if this vanished?(BCoFs)

My dog Arie is the most important in my life right now. For the last ten years, I live with Arie on a daily basis. He is there in my home 24/7 and I take him with me whenever I can. He gives structure to my days because I have to take him for a walk 4 times a day. A 12-year-old Farmer’s fox-terrier with lovely brown eyes, medium size and an easy character except towards other dogs. I love him to bits. My life would be so much less without him. If he was gone, and I have to take into consideration his age, I would mourn. But I would immediately search for another dog. I love it that there is a creature in the house I am responsible for and I have to take care of. I love a dog as a companion and a friend for life. Without that my life would be very empty.



*Right*Prompt: Describe the voice of a loved one who is no longer with you or write about your inability to hear and recognize it as a memory.(BC)

My father died one year and 4 months ago, suddenly from an aneurysm. He was gone within minutes. His wife was with him at the time, but I never had the chance to say goodbye to him. My last memory was from two days before, saying goodbye in the tram after a visit to the theater. After his death, we deleted the voicemail message on the telephone, but before that, I listened to it a few times. That’s how I recall his voice to this day. The only words I actually can hear him speak: “This is the voicemail of … We are not in right now, please, leave a message after the beep. “ His voice sounds a bit metallic and is high pitched, somewhat stern but exactly as it was. This is his voice as it plays in my head. My father’s voice; the rest is too faint to remember but I cherish those few words in my memory.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909353-My-dog-and-my-fathers-voice