*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909398-What-is-the-most-important-thing-in-the-world-to-me
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#909398 added April 18, 2017 at 3:11pm
Restrictions: None
What is the most important thing in the world to me?
Tuesday, April 18, 2017
The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1615
What is the most important thing in the world to you? Is it a person or a situation? How different would your world be if this vanished?

What is the most important thing in the world to me?

I became a septuagenarian on December 24, 2016. Since then, I have periodically contemplated this question, I am still contemplating it. I have begun to realize that some of the things that were important to me when I was a sexagenarian or younger are no longer important to me. While I love my siblings and their children, it is no longer important to have them in my life. In fact I like being able to communicate with them on Facebook, over the phone or through e-mails. I came to this epiphany when I realized that my nieces and nephews will invite to baby showers, wedding showers, and wedding, but they won't bother to come a get me if I don't have a way to where the party is being held.


After that realization, along with a couple of others, I have to admit that the only thing that is important is my faith. My spiritual path is what matters. It is what helps me to forgive the treatment of others and it helps me let go of the past. My spiritual path is not the same one followed by my siblings and their families. It is not the same one followed by some of my friends. That does not matter because in the end all spiritual paths eventually lead to the same place. Some of them may take longer then others, but the length of the journey is less important then the journey itself. Because it is the journey that teaches the soul what it has to know to thrive on the spiritual plain.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909398-What-is-the-most-important-thing-in-the-world-to-me