*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909432-NOTHING-IS-LOST-BUT-THE-FALSE-IDENTITY
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#909432 added April 19, 2017 at 4:41am
Restrictions: None
NOTHING IS LOST BUT THE FALSE IDENTITY
Now the mind, if you go back to its knowledge, has all sorts of ideas about what your true nature must be because you have read about it so much, have heard spiritual teachers talk about it, and there is a whole mystical mythology created around Truth. Of course it's quite a shock to realize that's not it. Whatever you think you are, that's not it. Even if your concept is very spiritual, mystical, and other worldly, you are not that concept.

Letting go of accumulated knowledge helps the identity shift from the me-self to the no-self Self. When this happens, it is called spiritual awakening. But this doesn't mean you can't use your knowledge. Knowledge is still there when you need it. You can dip back into it to tell you how to operate your computer, and for all sorts of other useful things.

Nothing's been lost except your false identity. You don't become an idiot. You don't forget how to tie your shoelaces because you realize you weren't who you thought you were.

But the mind is afraid of this. The biggest barrier to realization is your thoughts about it because thoughts will create images of the awakened state, and those images just belong to accumulated knowledge. No matter what image you have of your true Self, that image cannot be the Truth. When you see this, it becomes easy to experimentally recognize what's right here. Just what's right here—eternal consciousness, pure spirit.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909432-NOTHING-IS-LOST-BUT-THE-FALSE-IDENTITY