*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909552-A-Bad-Apple
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#909552 added April 20, 2017 at 8:14pm
Restrictions: None
A Bad Apple
About a month ago I bought a bag of apples. I can't remember what kind they were because I tend to jump around depending on price. I ate one of them and they had absolutely no taste at all so there they sat in my fridge. I got sick of looking at them today especially since the skin on a couple were puckering. I wondered what I could do with them besides eat them raw. I'm one of those people who hates to throw anything away.

To Google...easy recipe for apple loaf  . I didn't have any nuts of any kind but it turned out great without them. The only problem was I had 6 apples and the cake only needed 2 so I grated, yes, grated the rest, added sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla and cooked them in my microwave for 6 minutes. They are delicious on top of a slice of the apple loaf. New life for old tasteless apples.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2017 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909552-A-Bad-Apple