*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909955-Beautiful-Blue
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#909955 added April 27, 2017 at 10:54am
Restrictions: None
Beautiful Blue
Thursday, April 27, 2017
The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1140
"Oh! Darkly, deeply, beautifully blue. As someone somewhere sings about the sky." Lord Bryon Write anything you want about the color blue.

Blue is a glorious color. A spiritual color. The color of the soul's flame. Blue isn't a depressing color. Why do we refer to depression as "the blues"? For me depression is a "brown study" which blue sky and sunshine chases away. Birds sing when the sky is blue, but when there are clouds and rain the birds huddle in their nest depressed.


The splendor of blue
transforms the indigo night
into crystal day.

"The blues" is a type of music and not an emotion. The blues is something you should sing with tears in your eyes under a azure sky. The music reflects the history of struggle while the color emphasizes a clear day. On a clear day I can see Mount Charleston, but I can't see forever. To see forever I have to meditate, pray, and read the sacred scriptures.

Morning's rays scatter
dawn's light across the firmament
reflecting azure.

Blue is one of the colors in my crocheted meditation throw. When I put the throw over my head I can look through the spaces in the pattern and see the light of day. The throw allows me to breath so that I can count exhales or inhales depending on my mood. The blue in the throw calms and helps me focus on my meditation.



© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909955-Beautiful-Blue