*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910312-Catchphrase-I-Saw-Myself-and-Deluding-Parents
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#910312 added May 2, 2017 at 12:16pm
Restrictions: None
Catchphrase, I Saw Myself, and Deluding Parents
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
Talk Tuesday! Do you have a catchphrase? Something you find yourself saying often, or are known for saying? How did it come to be?

My catchphrase has changed through the years. At onetime it was "This too shall pass, but not soon enough!" Today it's "I'll deal with it" or "We'll deal with it." I like "We'll/I'll deal with it" better then "This too shall pass." Both statements are equally true; however, the second helps me focus on the fact that I'm not alone when dealing with a problem. Once I've placed the situation in God's hands then "I'll deal with it" becomes "We'll deal with it" which is a lot better then handling a problem on my own.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1629
Finish this ‘I saw myself / stepping onto a movie set of rain imitating rain, / a central fiction.’ by Marjorie Welish anyway you want.

I Saw Myself

"I saw myself"
in the mirror of my imagination
walking across desert dunes
toward a distance snow capped mountain peak
behind which gather clouds
that shot lightning bolts toward
the mountain's snow covered crest.


In the mirror of my dreams,
"stepping onto a movie set of rain imitating rain,"
I listened to thunder roll;
God's laughter echoing through
the canyons,
sand dunes,
and mountain peaks
of my soul.

In the mirror of mind mind,
I saw my self-image
as "a central fiction"
hiding my authentic self
behind layers of dust,
rust,
and illusions.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1145
“But no one is easier to delude than a parent. They see only what they wish to see.” Karen Jay Fowler, from We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves Did your parents see what they wished to see, and what about you, if you are a parent? What are your thoughts on this subject?

Deluding Parents

Is it easy to delude parents? Yes, no, sometimes, maybe. I know that's not a definitive answer, but that's the answer life and experience has given me. Some parents are easy to delude because they either see only what the want to see or don't want to face the reality of what they see. Sometimes it's easy to delude parents because they're too busy making a survival living to see what's going on with their offspring. There are parents who keep a close eye on their children and insist on know what's going on in their lives. These types of parent it isn't easy to delude because they are willing to ask their children the hard questions and expect an honest answer.


Was it easy to delude my parents? For most of my childhood I was raised by a single mother with the assistance of her parents. I don't think I every attempt to delude my mother or grandparents of anything. Not that it would have been easy because from some of the stories Grandpa told about his childhood I'm sure he would have caught onto anything that I was up to. I sure Grandma or Mama would have caught onto anything as well because they always kept a close eye on us.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910312-Catchphrase-I-Saw-Myself-and-Deluding-Parents