*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911178-Mom
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#911178 added May 16, 2017 at 8:15pm
Restrictions: None
Mom
The not-quite Sunday News! Mother's Day is Sunday in the U.S., and these kids had some unfortunate things to say about what their parents did. In honour of that , make us laugh and tell us something you might've said innocently about your folks when you were a kid that in retrospect maybe you shouldn't have said.
         I remember being frustrated with my parents, and wondering out loud if they had ever been kids. Had they talked back? Did they know how to skip, hit a baseball, run and jump, break their Mother's favourite vase, or more? I never saw my mother swim, or ride a bike. I asked her if she'd never had a bicycle. She said yes she did, but I was skeptical. I thought perhaps she'd experienced an accident. No, she claimed.
         Gradually, I came to learn that my Mom was too often battling illnesses. Confused, I wanted to know if she didn't take her medicine "like a good girl." Then I thought she'd eaten bugs, dirt, and other " bad things." I'd been warned these would make me sick.
         I never did manage to catch Mom doing this. So many times, I heard her rant, " I'm so mad I could just spit nails!" Just where would these nails come from? She told me not to put stuff in my mouth. Hey, she also taught me that spitting was not ladylike. I wondered how many nails she could stuff in her cheeks. Big nails? Little nails? Mom considered fingernail biting to be terrible, so it couldn't be those type of nails...
         There were many times I shouted, " you're not the boss of me!" Ah, Mom, you were my conscience.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911178-Mom