*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911259-Uncle-Festus-tired--against-the-odds
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#911259 added May 17, 2017 at 6:00am
Restrictions: None
Uncle Festus, tired & against the odds
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Holiday fireworks are being held at your house this year. Your Uncle Festus, who served time in prison for arson, will be in attendance. What do you tell your guests and family to look out for?

There are several reasons someone is an arsonist. A mental dysfunction, a criminal mind or a cry for help? Uncle Festus served his time long ago and has not been a threat any longer. He is truly ashamed of what he did and wants to be an accepted part of the family. That’s why I invited him for the holiday fireworks. He is a nice man and is going beyond himself to be of assistance to the party. I tell my guests and family to accept him, enjoy his company and try to talk to him if they want to.



*Right* Prompt: How do you chill out or relax when you're too tired to think? Can you be too tired to think?(BCoFs)

Yes, I can. If I am too tired to think, I’ll sleep it off by holding a siesta during the day. Or try to go to bed early. Listening to music is also an option, or being involved in a really, really good movie.



*Right*Prompt: What does it mean to go against the odds and to beat them? Write anything you want about this. (BC)

You do it even though there were many problems and it didn't seem possible to do. Against all odds, I managed to overcome my writer’s block and started writing again. Writing for me is such a delicate matter, it can only happen when I am in the flow and there are no, or as little obstacles as possible. Stress is a big no-no for me. I cannot function properly while having major stress. It’s a weakness in my system I have to deal with. Since writing at Writing.Com, in this foreign language, I am able to express myself and try to fulfill my promise as a writer. That brings me great joy and fulfillment on a daily basis. Today I became a preferred author at the site. Handpicked by other writers and staff! Wow, that’s really, really a big deal in my vocabulary. *BigSmile*


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911259-Uncle-Festus-tired--against-the-odds