*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911377-Edison-drivel-and-engagement
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#911377 added May 19, 2017 at 5:20am
Restrictions: None
Edison, drivel and engagement
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1926, Thomas Edison spoke on the radio for the first time. What do you think he would say today about podcasting?

Podcasting: the practice of using the Internet to make digital recordings of broadcasts available for downloading to a computer or mobile device.
Edison would be absolutely delighted about this possibility. Radio is available for almost everyone, everywhere. YouTube is an asset to me on a daily basis. I sometimes use video in my blogging. Sound and image through the internet, what a blessing. You can easily share and network because of this!

“He developed many devices that greatly influenced life around the world, including the phonograph, the motion picture camera, and the long-lasting, practical electric light bulb. Dubbed "The Wizard of Menlo Park", he was one of the first inventors to apply the principles of mass production and large-scale teamwork to the process of invention. “Wikipedia.



*Right*"My apologies to everything that I can't be everywhere at once. My apologies to everyone that I can't be each woman and each man. I know I won't be justified as long as I live since I myself stand in my own way." ~ Maria Wisława Anna Szymborska. What are your thoughts on what Ms. Szymborska is saying? Do you agree or disagree?(BCoFs)

I think it’s total drivel what she is saying. I don’t agree the least. She was indeed standing in her own way. This quote is reeking towards grandeur and self-loathing; I don’t like it at all.



*Right*"If one good thing has happened in America this year, it's that artists and the public have warmed up to art as a mode of resisting immoral authority." Barbara Kingsolver. Do you agree or disagree with Ms. Kingsolver? Do you believe writers have been the force behind resistance throughout history? (BC)

It’s really difficult to answer this prompt being a foreigner. I am not aware of any major resistance movement in the writer’s community while Trump is in office, but perhaps I am not informed about this. I think writers SHOULD be the force behind resistance and in many cases, it has been in the past. If you see what’s cooking at WdC there seems not a lot of social engagement through writing. I wondered about that. But perhaps a lot of writers have other channels to vent their social and political views?


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911377-Edison-drivel-and-engagement