*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911767-Books-landscapes-and-celebrity
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#911767 added May 26, 2017 at 7:13am
Restrictions: None
Books, landscapes and celebrity
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1959, the word "Frisbee" became a registered trademark of Wham-O. What is your favorite memory of a childhood summer outdoor toy?

My outdoor AND indoor toys as a child were the same: books! I didn’t play with dolls or anything, I was reading ALL the time. When I was 3 years old, I already held the book my father read to me at bed times out loud. Others were amazed I could read at such young age! Till my parents put the book upside down back in my hands and I could read it again…I memorized the book of course… didn’t know how to read at all.



*Right*Think of a memory in a beautiful landscape—maybe from a family vacation, or your favorite childhood destination. Now think of a scene from a story, novel, or movie that describes a landscape, and that has stuck with you. What makes these moments special?(BCoFs)

Perhaps it’s that feeling of recognition that sticks in your mind. As if you’ve been here before and recognizes parts of that landscape or the emotion of how it makes you feel sticks with you for some apparent reason. Did you visit before in that landscape? In a dream? In a former life?



*Right*Choose a local celebrity from your city, region, or state, and explore the intersection of the pop icon’s cultural context and your own memories of time spent in this locale. (BC)

I was just wondering the other day how come nobody from my past had grown into a celebrity of some sorts. Until this week when I discovered an old friend from my primary school years was starting a new career as a politician in the town where I spend my childhood. She was starting as an alderman in the city’s town hall. That was a fun surprise. I wished her all the best at Facebook of course!


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911767-Books-landscapes-and-celebrity