*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911865-Talking-heads-and-Geert-Wilders
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#911865 added May 28, 2017 at 12:25am
Restrictions: None
Talking heads and Geert Wilders
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]

The Sunday News! This week, legendary disco act KC and the Sunshine Band returned to the Billboard Pop Chart with their first single in decades...and quite a few groups whose heydays have long since passed have seen varying degrees of success in recent years. Which 60's, 70's, or 80's singer (or band) would you like to see make a successful musical comeback in the next year?

I am not sure if they perform still, but I loved The Talking Heads back then. I would love for them to make a comeback…





*Right* PROMPT: How do you feel when someone you otherwise enjoy talking to starts quoting from a questionable non-"tv talking head" news source? I don't mean a source with a slant you may disagree with perhaps, but (for example) a study done with an obvious bend meant to prove a certain political or religious point of view? How do you inform your friend that the information they may have received could be tainted with half-truths and outright misinformation while maintaining positive discourse?(BC)

In my country, there are the questionable views of right-wing politician Geert Wilders. He got high up in the last elections, unfortunately, but a lot of people voted for him. Also in my town, in my own neighborhood, a lot of people agreed with his views on immigrants, Europe, banning Muslims and generally have similar ideas as President Trump in the USA. I would gently ask my friend to reconsider his views and be more positive about necessary changes that are inevitable in the world of today. I think their views are fueled by fear and refusal to change with our multi-cultural society. Half-truths and misinformation and simple gut-feelings are very dangerous these days! They divide groups of people from one and other and are a menace to present and future of our planet!


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911865-Talking-heads-and-Geert-Wilders