*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911941-Eggs-soldier-and-hero
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#911941 added May 29, 2017 at 3:18am
Restrictions: None
Eggs, soldier and hero
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Motivational Monday! Comedian {x-link}https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Hope{/x-link}, born on this day in 1903, once said: "If I have to lay an egg for my country, I'll do it." He was a proud supporter of the US military and would often do comedy shows for troops stationed overseas. When have you "laid an egg" or lent your talents to a greater good, be it writing or life in general?

I am in the middle of the process of laying eggs. Since my meetup with a very inspiring man and poet, I have written three poems in the Dutch language again. That is extraordinary since I wrote solely in English now. I haven’t written a decent Dutch poem in years. Thanks to this wonderful team-up I am totally inspired. It is hopefully the start of a wonderful collaboration of spirits and souls. I am eagerly looking forward what the Muses will provide for this period in time.



*Right*Prompt: I read an article earlier today that said many people have forgotten the meaning of Memorial Day. Do you think this is true? What does Memorial Day mean to you? Do you have a family member or a friend, who served or died in a war? If so, does this impact the meaning of Memorial Day for you?(BCoFs)

I’ve written about my uncle Frits, who was a soldier and died very young in 1961. See: "Uncle Frits, waiting and full moon. He got a plaquette posthumously awarded for his services. The whole family was there to receive the award. It was very memorable to honor him so many years after the fact.



*Right*Prompt: “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself” Joseph Campbell. What is the difference between everyday heroes and heroes who gain fame? What are your thoughts on being a hero?(BC)

Everyday heroes are not in the public eye. They perform their heroic act and remain almost anonymous. They are a strong force behind a lot of random acts. Heroes who gain fame are noticed by a larger audience and gone public.
I have been a hero once, years ago when I rescued a woman and mother of three from the quicksand. She went public to a journalist with it and it was an item in the local newspaper. My boss heard about it and did send a bunch of flowers to my house. It was something everybody would have done under the circumstances. Luckily I was able to help being at the right moment at the right time.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911941-Eggs-soldier-and-hero