*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911873-May-28
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#911873 added May 28, 2017 at 2:17am
Restrictions: None
May 28
"May 28Just what it says ** Image ID #2113629 Unavailable ** My Blog signatureBlog City image small

Blog City image small

How do you feel when someone you otherwise enjoy talking to starts quoting from a questionable non-"tv talking head" news source? I don't mean a source with a slant you may disagree with perhaps, but (for example) a study done with an obvious bend meant to prove a certain political or religious point of view? How do you inform your friend that the information they may have received could be tainted with half-truths and outright misinformation, while maintaining positive discourse?

I

would have to say that I probably wouldn't engage them to begin with. I am constantly hearing static from people who listen to talking heads such as Rush Limbaugh and I simply turn them off. Just prior to the elections here in the USA I was staying at a homeless shelter. My roommate always listened to Fox Network and swore everything they were saying was gospel truth. It was obvious to me that Fox Network was plugging their own candidate and that objective reporting was a thing of the past. He thought they were very objective. Basically we agreed to disagree and I ignored it.

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911873-May-28