*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911934-May-29-2017
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#911934 added May 29, 2017 at 2:36am
Restrictions: None
May 29, 2017
"May 29, 2017Just what it says ** Image ID #2113629 Unavailable ** My Blog signatureImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs

The Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum prompt for May 29, 2017 is "I read an article earlier today that said many people have forgotten the meaning of Memorial Day. Do you think this is true? What does Memorial Day mean to you? Do you have a family member or a friend, who served or died in a war? If so, does this impact the meaning of Memorial Day for you?"

Memorial Day hasn't lost any significance to me because I never really understood it to begin with. As far as I was ever taught it is a day to remember the dead but in all honesty I believe our lives should be constantly lived in remembrance of the past. I honestly believe that those who fail to remember their past are condemned to repeat it. There are some parts of my past that I look forward to repeating such as my mother's homemade noodles. Then there are parts of my past that I hope nobody ever has to endure again such as losing my mother. With that in mind I try to live every day of my life in a manner that honors the past. Therefore I see no point in a special day to do what I do all the time anyway.

Blog City image small

The Blog City Prompt Forum prompt for today is "Prompt:
“A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself”
Joseph Campbell
What is the difference between everyday heroes and heroes who gain fame? What are your thoughts on being a hero?"

I am around true heroes everyday. I am a veteran and visit the Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center on nearly a daily basis. The patients there are all heroes because each has stood in the gap between freedom and tyranny. They have defended the freedom that we citizens of the USA take so seriously and not a one of them ever did so for glory or selfish reasons. They did so because it was the right thing to do. They are true heroes!

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards




© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911934-May-29-2017