*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913157-Foretaste-Of-Death
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#913157 added June 13, 2017 at 12:16am
Restrictions: None
Foretaste Of Death
Sri Daya Mata had been given a foretaste of death as a joyous experience of divine expansion and freedom many years before her passing. Recounting her near death experience, which occured in 1948 during a surgical operation for a serious ailment, she said: "Suddenly l had a wonderful experience. The entire room became filled with a soothing golden light, and the beautiful spiritual eye, which l had seen many times in my life through the years, became visible in my forehead, growing and growing until it seemed to fill all space. I heard the great sound of 'AUM' engulfing me, pouring over my being. What joy l felt as my soul melted into the love of Divine Mother.

A Voice emerging out of the AUM sound, gently said to me, 'This is death. Are you ready for it?' In that great light of the spiritual eye, l saw into the world that was ahead of me; it was filled with such joy, such communion with the Divine. In comparison, this physical world seemed so gross - burdened by darkness and filled with heaviness of matter. Usually we do not think of it in this way, because we are used to this plane of being, but if you had to choose, for example, between diamond and rocks, its obvious what your choice would be. This was my consciousness as l replied to the Voice : 'Yes, Divine Mother! One does not come this far into the other world and then want to go back. Why would l want to hold on to such grossness, when this divine bliss lies ahead of me?' Then the Voice said so sweetly, 'But if l ask you to stay for me?' Oh! I can't tell you what those words did to me. Such a thrill of joy! 'You would ask me to stay for You? Yes, Divine Mother. Let me serve You!' Then the Voice said - so soothingly; I can't convey to you what a soothing sensation bathed my whole consciousness - 'All right, my child. Now sleep.' I lost my consciousness and the operation proceeded.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913157-Foretaste-Of-Death