*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913715-Put-Your-Brain-in-Gear-Before-Your-Mouth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#913715 added June 20, 2017 at 1:46pm
Restrictions: None
Put Your Brain in Gear Before Your Mouth
Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Listen to the news
You'll find a multitude of view
Investigate before you take offense.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1193
Shakespeare says to think before we speak.
“Give every man thy ear but few thy voice.” –Hamlet
“Weigh thy words before thou givest them breath.”—Othello
Is it ever possible to think before we speak, each time we speak? If we stopped to think, wouldn’t our conversations lose their spontaneity? What are your opinions on the subject?

Put Your Brain in Gear Before Your Mouth

"Put your brain in gear before your mouth," was one of Grandpa Frank's favorite sayings. It is possible, but not easy, to think before you speak. To have a good conversation, with everyone stating their opinion, you have to respect the other person's opinion while realizing that it's an opinion and, probably, doesn't threaten your or your opinion in any way. This means that you have to be detach from your opinion which means your realize it is an opinion and not truth chiseled in stone. The problem today, is that many people are so attached to their opinions that they don't want to hear what anyone else says, and they become offended when someone--using logic and scientific discoveries--proves them wrong.


A person shouldn't deliberately say something to offend another person. In addition, if a person inadvertently offends someone then they should apologize and attempt to find out what it was they said to offend the other person. One of the problems today, especially with some politicians, is that they state their opinion as truth and are then offended because others disagree with them.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913715-Put-Your-Brain-in-Gear-Before-Your-Mouth