*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913796-Midweek-Reflections-on-Attachment--and-Giraffes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#913796 added June 21, 2017 at 9:52am
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections on Attachment and Giraffes
Wednesday, June 21, 2017


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1194
Close friends and people hurt us more then strangers do. Why do you think this happens?

Attachment

Attachment generates emotions, and emotions generate pain. Since it is part of human nature to become attached to the things we love, we can't avoid being hurt by family and friends. This is part of the process of our spiritual development. When family and friends hurt us, it is more difficult for us to disassociate ourselves from the people or the situation. This means, we have to learn to deal with them or at least cope without breaking up the relationship.


Human beings are social creatures. Our hunter-gather ancestors found survival easier in a group or tribe, and the species evolved a need fora social network of friends and family. In this technological the need for others of our species is still a factor in our lives. When we make friends with someone, we also develop an attachment to that person. This is why it is easier for us to be hurt by friends then strangers.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1678
June 21 is World Giraffe Day  . Write a story, poem, or essay about a giraffe.

Giraffe

Beauty incarnate
With a long eloquent neck
To Reach the tree tops


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913796-Midweek-Reflections-on-Attachment--and-Giraffes